?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

« previous entry | next entry »
Nov. 23rd, 2010 | 11:24 pm

New album - in love with about 70% of it, and debating about how the remaining 30% fit with album as a whole.

Reading reviews for the album is interesting - it is really stunning just how badly critics (whatever) miss the point. One of the reasons I adore MCR is how self-aware they can be of their music. There is always an objective, a concept (oh, how this word get over-used), an end point driven by singles of their album that somehow ends up as a coherent whole.

I have favourites off this album (Bulletproof Heart, Planetary (GO!), Sing, Party Poison, S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, Save Yourself I'll Hold Them Back, and Na Na Na), but to judge the album from a singles point of view means a true disservice to how the whole works to produce something awesome. I felt the same way for Black Parade, though it was perhaps more coherent than Danger Days. In many ways the latter is looser, more flex and less rigidity, and it is something so new that I can't decide how I feel about it yet.

But man, so fucking glad for this album. I've been listening to it none-stop since I got it.

LOVES!!!
Tags:

Link | Comment |

Comments {1}

(Deleted comment)

witty, somehow

(no subject)

from: naanima
date: Nov. 23rd, 2010 09:21 pm (UTC)
Link

I was watching the NME interview and Gerard said something about DD that put the album in a great perspective. DD is about painting a picture of the killjoys world, not trying create or stick with a concept (I would argue that a new world is a concept, but if we stick with his definition of concept than the difference between TBP and DD makes perfect sense).

But really it can be summarised as NEON NEON NEON and a Death Marching Band.

Reply | Parent | Thread